Interests: Dr. Mallea was born and raised in Idaho and attended Medical School at the University of Utah. He Completed Residency and Fellowship at the University of Washington and has always been interested in Peritoneal Dialysis and transition of care models for Renal Replacement Therapy and Transplantation. As a practitioner for 36 years, I am happy to be associated with the patient centered Physicians and staff of ESNA
Personality: Dr. Mallea enjoys Nephrology because of the long-term patient relationships involved and required by this specialty of medicine.
He really enjoys the complex nature of our patients’ problems.
My focus is to deliver comprehensive and compassionate care to my patients
My wife and I are both physicians and relish the professional and personal relationships inherent in Medicine.
We are new to Eugene with a recent move from Boise Idaho.
Personal Facts: Dr. Mallea enjoys gardening, bicycling, beekeeping and discovering more of the PNW location.
- MD: University of Utah School of Medicine Salt Lake City UT
- Residency: University of Washington Seattle WA
- Fellowship: University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine, Nephrology
- Patient Care Focus: Hypertension, General Nephrology